Compare cheap van insurance quotes

Comparing your van insurance has never been so quick and easy

As a carpenter or joiner, you may travel further than your direct locality to carry out trade jobs. Specialist tools and equipment will be transported in your van as well as materials and goods. With this is mind, it’s essential to find the appropriate level of cover at the best price.

Why compare van insurance for Carpenters and joiners?

If you have an apprentice who drives your vehicle, then you may find that your premium increases as insurance companies will consider the age and experience of drivers. If you have named drivers with a history of no-claims, then this can keep premium costs down.

As with insurance for any tradesperson you should take these questions into account:

  • Do you drive multiple vans?
  • Do you need insurance for other drivers?
  • What vehicle do you drive?
  • What is the size of your vehicle?
  • How far do you travel?
  • Do you travel abroad?
  • Do you regularly carry materials?
  • Do you carry expensive tools?
  • Where do you leave your van overnight?

The type of business van insurance policy and range of cover you need will vary depending on the answers to these questions.

What is covered by Carpenters and joiners van insurance?

This will differ depending on the level of cover you choose – whether it be third party, third party fire and theft or comprehensive.

For more information on these levels of cover please see our guide ‘What do I need to know about van insurance?’.

It is always necessary to check about exactly what is covered by your Carpenters and joiners van insurance.

There are Optional Additional Products that are particularly useful for those who work as a carpenter or joiner:

  • Tools insurance

If the tools of your trade were stolen, would it be expensive for you to replace them? Unfortunately, van thefts do occur and, if you use expensive tools, then it could be a major blow to your business and threaten your livelihood. Hand tools and power tools that are in the van are usually covered by tools insurance, and this can sometimes be extended to include additional cover for personal effects and materials.

  • Goods in Transit cover

If you are moving materials or equipment, then this may be a worthwhile optional insurance add on to your business van policy.

A typical policy will cover:

  • Theft of goods during transit
  • Loss of goods during transit
  • Damage caused due to transit
  • Loss of earning cover caused by any delays in transit
  • Damage caused by accidents during transit
  • Multi-van insurance

This type of cover may work out to be cheaper and be more convenient if your business uses a fleet of vans to transport materials and carry out your work.

  • Van breakdown cover

This will get you back on the move if your vehicle breaks down so you don’t lose valuable work time and let down customers.

  • Guaranteed van hire

A hire vehicle can be arranged whilst your damaged van is in for repair or until your claim has been settled. This means you can continue to carry out your work in the interim period.

Why compare Carpenters and joiners van insurance?

At we understand that as an owner you’ll want cheap insurance at the right level of cover because making the wrong choice may potentially affect your business and cost you money.

Are you looking for van insurance?

Why not compare quotes from a panel of leading UK insurers using our comparison tool?

If you need some assistance our experts would be happy to help

We're here for you Monday to Friday from 8am til 8pm,
Saturday from 9am til 1pm

0330 002 0480