Do I need multi-van insurance for my business?
There are several advantages of multi-van insurance:
- It may work out cheaper than having different policies
- Insurers sometimes offer incentives to customers who take out multi-van insurance.
- It may be more convenient
- All your vehicles are insured by one insurer who will remind you when that one policy is up for renewal automatically.
- It covers multiple drivers as well as multiple vehicles
If your vans are insured with appropriate business van insurance, then it is entirely up to you whether you choose multi-van insurance or separate business van policies. There are factors that dramatically alter the premium you pay so it is worth considering:
- The type of vehicles you are insuring
The Association of British Insurers (ABI) number the various makes and models of vans into insurance groups. Group 1 is the cheapest through to group 50 as the most expensive.
If you have a fleet made up of different makes and models, it’s worth considering whether it’ll cost you more to insure them on a multi-van policy or separately with conventional business van insurance.
- The individuals driving the vehicles
Registering a young, inexperienced driver and including her or him on a multi-van insurance policy could push up the premium significantly.
What is covered by multi-van insurance?
Multi-van or fleet insurance covers you, and anyone else named on the policy, when they are driving your business vehicles. A policy could cover both vans and cars and may save you money if you need to use both.
This will differ depending on the level of cover you choose – whether it be third party, third party fire and theft or comprehensive
For more information on these levels of cover please see our guide ‘What do I need to know about van insurance?’
It is always necessary to check exactly what is covered by your sole trader van insurance
It is always necessary to check about exactly what is covered by your multi- van insurance policy.
Other optional add-on protection for multi- van insurance may include:
- Guaranteed van hire for 14 days
- Own tools cover to insure the equipment in your vans
- Goods in Transit cover for items you may be carrying
- Van breakdown cover could cover you if one of your fleet is off the road
- Excess protection
Why compare multi-van insurance?
Insuring a fleet of vans for your business can be expensive and getting the right level of cover at the right price can make a big difference to your business costs.
Comparing with Businesscomparison.com can save you time and money by providing you with deals from multiple van insurers. We compare quotes from a panel of leading insurers in the UK.
Interested in finding out how much multi-van insurance will cost your business?
We compare quotes from leading UK insurers to bring you the best deal.