Commercial Property Insurance

Save up to £435 when you switch*

Save up to £435 when you switch*

A panel of A rated insurers

A panel of A rated insurers

Dedicated specialist post sales service team

Dedicated specialist post sales service team

Insurance providers we compare

The National Insurance Guarantee
Pen Underwriting

A guide to commercial property insurance

If you own a commercial property, you will need commercial property insurance. Whether you use the building for your own business premises or to rent the property to a tenant, insurance will protect your property. This guide will explain everything you need to be able to find the best business premises insurance.

What is commercial building insurance?

If you own a building which houses a business, it is classed as commercial premises. Commercial property building insurance is designed to financially protect the building, in the case of damage or an accident. If the business you own is leased to a business, it is also possible to arrange commercial landlord insurance.

Commercial buildings insurance for landlords and those operating from a building they own is divided into two types, building and contents insurance. Buildings insurance is designed to cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding.

If the building is damaged by events such as a flood, fire, storm or theft, commercial property insurance will cover it.

Contents insurance is designed to cover the contents of the building, such as your businesses tools and equipment. If you are a commercial landlord, your tenant will be responsible for arranging commercial contents insurance. Although as a landlord, it is possible to take out loss-of-rent cover, if there is a period when your property is empty.

There is no legal requirement to hold commercial buildings insurance, although it is recommended. A commercial building and its contents are valuable, without insurance in place if an accident occurred it would be very costly to replace. Insurance will provide you with complete peace of mind that your property is protected. Although it isn’t legally required, if there is a mortgage on the property the lender may request that insurance is taken out.

How do I find the best commercial property insurance?

As commercial property insurance brokers, we can help you find the best deals in one single place. The first step is to decide the level of cover you require, which starts with taking an inventory of the building contents. When you have decided the type of commercial property insurance you require, our quick online form will provide us with the details we require to provide you with a quote.

Our team will then contact our panel of leading insurers to find you the best commercial property insurance quotes. If you are looking for a bespoke quote, such as commercial property insurance or other types of liability insurance, please contact us. Our team will do their best to arrange a personalised quote with the comprehensive property insurance cover you require.

Once the quotes have been reviewed, you will be able to compare the quotes and choose which insurer to use. Our comparison service is free and there is no-obligation to purchase the insurance. To find out more about commercial property insurance, please contact our knowledgeable team.

How much does business building insurance cost?

The cost of commercial property building insurance will vary dramatically depending on your individual requirements. Every business is different, so there are a range of insurance types available. The cost will depend on the size of your business, the value of the building and the value of any contents.

If you are using the building as your own premises, there may be times of the year when your insurance cover needs adjusting. For example, if your business needs to hold extra stock during busy periods. Insurers understand that commercial property insurance requirements can change, so will be happy to update your policy. In general, the larger the amount of cover you require, the more expensive your premium.

Prefer to talk with the experts?

Opening hours
Monday to Friday
9 am to 5:30 pm